Taylor Swift in Paris, France
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The WTMX Taylor Swift in Paris Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners who are at least 21 years or older and residents of the following counties in Illinois- Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will, in Wisconsin – Kenosha, or the following counties in Indiana – Lake and Porter. Listeners in rental properties cannot enter this Sweepstakes. Limit one winner per person, per household. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WTMX, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Apple Leisure Group (the “Promotional Participant”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois or Indiana radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WTMX within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WTMX within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WTMX contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays only, from 7:20 AM Central Time (“CT”) and 4:20 PM CT beginning on November 7, 2023, through December 7, 2023, excluding Thursday 11.23.23 when this contest will not be played (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will be broken out into ten (10) separate daily entry pools, each beginning at 7:20 AM CT and ending at or around 4:20 PM CT each Tuesday and Thursday during the Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Daily Entry Period”).
- How to Enter: This is a Listen-And-Win Sweepstakes. To enter, tune into 101.9 The Mix WTMX Chicago and listen for the word-to-text (“Keyword”) at or about 7:20 AM CT, 8:20 AM CT, 9:20 AM CT, 10:20 AM CT, 11:20 AM CT, 12:20 PM CT, 1:20 PM CT, 2:20 PM CT, 3:20 PM CT and 4:20 PM CT during each Daily Entry Period, and be the designated texter as announced by the DJ by texting the Keyword to 312 233 1019. The eligible texter (as set forth in Official Rule #1) to successfully text the correct Keyword as the designed texter (e.g. 1st, 4th, 9th, etc.) will be deemed a qualifier (“Qualifier”), will win a Qualifier Prize, and will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Trip Package random drawing. If the Sponsor is readily able to determine that the designated texter is ineligible to participate, the Sponsor will take the next texter who texted in the correct Keyword, and continue this process until an eligible participant is found. The Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, may or may not take an alternative entry to participate. The person entering the Sweepstakes must be the same person who claims the prize; substitute texter (g. friends, relatives, co-workers, etc.) or substitute parties claiming the prize are not allowed (except in the case of a disability that prevents the person from calling himself or herself) and will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Odds of being a Qualifier depends on the number of eligible people texting in at the same time. There will be 10 Qualifiers in each Daily Entry Period, and 90 Qualifiers during the entire Sweepstakes Period.
Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not accept collect calls. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the Sweepstakes line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this Sweepstakes.
- Grand Prize Random Drawing/Winner Notification: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected via a random drawing to occur after 5PM CT on December 7, 2023, from all eligible Qualifiers. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on-air during the 7AM hour on 101.9 The Mix on December 8, 2023. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Odds of being named a Grand Prize winner are 1:0. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone/email, and must respond to the winner notification with twenty-four (24) hours, or will be deemed forfeiture of the Grand Prize, and Sponsor will select an alternate Grand Prize winner from among all remaining Qualifiers, time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for email notifications that are undeliverable or voicemail messages not received. This process will continue until a potential Grand Prize winner responds to the winner notification and is verified by Sponsor, time permitting.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (ARVs) – One (1) Grand Prize – A trip package for two (2) to Paris, France to see Taylor Swift. Trip includes roundtrip, coach-class airfare for (2) people from Chicago, IL to Paris, France (departure dates TBD, at Sponsor’s sole discretion); 5 Nights accommodations – 11.21.23 – 11.26.23 (room and tax only) at (hotel); two (2) tickets to see Taylor Swift in concert at Paris La Defense Arena on May 11, 2024. ARV: $7,500.00.
Grand Prize winner must travel on dates specified by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion or trip will be forfeited. Departure date and accommodations are subject to availability; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Note: Winners are responsible for ground transfers to and from the airport/hotel and to and from Allianz Parque in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Seat location at concert are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for lost tickets which will not be reissued. Sponsor is not responsible if concert is canceled, postponed or rescheduled and in such an event Grand Prize winner will forfeit the concert tickets portion of their prize and will not receive a refund or raincheck. All other expenses not mentioned herein, including without limitation, food/beverages, additional hotel amenities, optional excursions, spa treatments, souvenirs, fees, gratuities, etc., are the responsibility of the winner and traveling companion. The passengers must possess a valid drivers license and passports and be at least 21 years old. Names provided for booking travel must exactly match the name that appears on the passport or risk being denied boarding. Grand Prize winner is responsible for providing all necessary travel documentation, including passports. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents, must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree. Travel arrangements are subject to availability.
Grand prize winners and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that if any alcohol is consumed by the winner and his/her guest, such alcohol consumption is at the sole discretion of the winner and his/her guest and the sponsors are not responsible for any circumstances resulting from such alcohol purchases/consumption. No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if any portion of the advertised prize becomes unavailable. In no event shall more than the number of stated prizes be awarded. Any un-used elements of the Grand Prize will be forfeited, will not be redeemable for cash and may not reduce the prize value awarded for tax purposes. All federal, state, local and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Names provided for booking travel need exactly match the name that appears in the passport or the state issued ID or risk being denied boarding.
All elements of the trip package (including, without limitation, must be used by the winner and his/her/their guest at the same time during the redemption of the vacation package. Hotel attractions and entertainment are seasonal and subject to change without notice. Valid credit card is required upon hotel check-in. Any lost or stolen tickets or travel vouchers will not be replicated or replaced.
The winner and his/her/their guest will be required to execute a liability/publicity release form prior to booking of any travel. Failure to return the executed release form within the specified time period will result in forfeiture of the vacation package.
A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing a Prize Release, the Grand Prize winner accepts the Grand Prize, and even if the Grand Prize winner does not use the Grand Prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes. The winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules.
Eighty (90) Qualifier Prizes – Limited edition Taylor Swift in Paris Influenced T-shirt. ARV: $25.00 each.
Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions, except as provided herein.
- Claiming a Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, a potential winner may be required to claim his/her prize in person at the WTMX Studios, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days after the day he or she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to Sponsor (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor. Upon winner verification and completion of all forms required in Official Rules. Sponsor may mail prizes to the winners. Allow 4-6 weeks for mailing of any prizes. Sponsor not responsible for any lost, late, damaged, stolen, delayed, mutilated or returned mail.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, or for the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by December 14, 2023, to: WTMX The Mix – WTMX Taylor Swift in Paris Giveaway Rules/Winners (designate which), 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WTMX The Mix, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601