OnAir Contest Runs 03/27/2020 12:00am - 04/22/2020 10:00am
WTMX The Mix – “$5,000 Gift Card Giveaway” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WTMX The Mix’s “$5,000 Gift Card Giveaway” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners who are at least 18 years or older and residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WTMX, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Mr. Eye Dr. (collectively, the “Promotional Participants”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WTMX within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WTMX within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will run Tuesdays and Thursdays at or about 7:20 a.m., 8:20 a.m., 9:20p.m., 10:20am, 11:20pm, 12:20pm, 1:20pm, 2:20pm, 3:20 p.m. and 4:20 p.m. on Tuesday, March 30, 2020, through Tuesday, April 21, 2020 with one last chance to qualify on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 7:20AM (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: This is a “listen and win” sweepstakes. Listen to WTMX-FM, The MIX – 101.9 (or the “Station”) Tuesdays and Thursdays during the dates and hours listed above during the Sweepstakes Period. Each day during the Sweepstakes Period, the on-air talent will announce a keyword (each, a “Keyword”) and tell the listeners to EITHER (1) text or (2) call in with the correct Keyword. If the talent asks listeners to text in with the Keyword to enter, the listener who texts the correct Keyword to 60123 and is the designated texter (for example: 25th texter, 10th texter) as announced by the DJ, he or she will be deemed a Qualifier and will win a First Prize and be entered into the Grand Prize random drawing, subject to eligibility verification. OR, if the talent asks listeners to call in with the Keyword to enter, the listener who calls into the station by calling 312.233.1019 and is the designated caller (for example, 25th caller. 10th caller), as specified by the announcement and has the correct Keyword will be deemed a Qualifier and will win a First Prize and be entered into the Grand Prize random drawing, subject to eligibility verification. In the event any texter or caller does not have the correct Keyword, the next text or call received who has the correct Keyword will be deemed the winning Qualifier. Odds of being a Qualifier depend on the number of eligible listeners calling or texting in after a Keyword is announced.
Text message and data rates may apply. Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting a mobile text entry or email entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number or email address is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the mobile number or email address associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and/or any applicable releases. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. How to Win the Grand Prize: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received or nor about April 22, 2020 after 8:20 AM CT. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:71. Decisions of judges are final and binding. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone or email on or about the day of the random drawing. Sponsor will make up to 2 attempts to contact the potential winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner after 2 attempts, that potential winner will forfeit the Prize, and the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) – One (1) Grand Prize – $5,000.00.. ARV: $5,000.00. Seventy-one (71) Qualifier Prizes – A $100.00 Sponsor-specified Gift Card. ARV: $100.00 each. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the gift cards. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. Prizes may not be sold or bartered on eBay, Craigslist or similar third party site. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Prize are Winner’s sole responsibility.
The Winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. Winner may be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities for the Grand Prize.
6. Claiming a Prize: After winner verification at the Event, as a condition of being named an official winner, the potential winner will receive the Prize Releases via email (provided to Sponsor at the Remote) and must return the signed Prize Releases as instructed in the email within 3 business days of receipt of the email, or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate, time permitting. Upon receipt of the Prize Releases, Sponsor will mail the Prize winners. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, stolen, delayed or mutilated mailing of the Grand Prize.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, request one at the Remote. For the name of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by April 29. 2020, to: WTMX “$5,000.00 Gift Card Giveaway.” Sweepstakes Winner, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
13. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WTMX The Mix, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
Return to list of Contest Rules