OnAir Contest Runs 11/13/2019 12:00am - 12/04/2019 12:00am
- HOW TO ENTER/HOW TO BECOME A QUALIFIER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
This is a “listen and win” sweepstakes on WTMX-FM (101.9) and will be executed on or around 7:20 a.m. weekdays 11.14.19, 11.19.19, 11.21.19, 11.26.19 and 12.3.19. At 7:20 a.m. each weekday during the sweepstakes, the on-air talent will give details on how and when listeners can participate that day between the hours of 7:20 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. to win a trip for two in this sweepstakes. During the designated time each day, the on-air talent will announce if they will accept a specific challenge or accept calls at 312.233.1019. If you are the designated number caller to reach the Station, and meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Paragraph 5 below, you will be awarded the prize listed in Paragraph 2. If the Station is readily able to determine that the caller is ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, the Station will take the next caller and continue this process until an eligible participant is found. The Station, in its sole and absolute discretion, may or may not take an alternative caller to participate. The person calling in to the Station as the designated caller must be the same person who claims the prize; substitute callers (e.g. friends, relatives, co-workers, etc.) or substitute parties claiming the prize are not allowed (except in the case of a disability that prevents the person from calling himself or herself) and will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of WTMX. One winner per household during the duration of this sweepstakes. There will be up to five (5) winners via this method of entry.
Limit: One (1) winner per household.
- PRIZES: There will be up to five (5) winners in this time during the sweepstakes. Each winner will receive an Apple Vacations Getaway for two (2) which includes round-trip airfare from O’Hare International Airport (ORD) Chicago, Illinois to Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR) Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, four (4) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) at the all-inclusive Now Amber, including round trip airport/hotel transfers, all meals, unlimited drinks and the services of an Apple Representative. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each trip: $2,762. If the winner and/or his/her guest misses the flights as scheduled, the winner will forfeit the prize. If the winner and/or his/her guest is not present for the designated return flight, he/she is solely responsible for his/her return to Illinois. All other expenses not mentioned herein, including without limitation, food/beverages not included in the all-inclusive plan, additional hotel amenities, optional excursions, spa treatments, souvenirs, fees, gratuities, etc., are the responsibility of the winner and traveling companion. All departure/immigration taxes (approximately $375-$450 USD per person, subject to change) must be paid by each winner to Apple Vacations prior to departure. The trip must be taken from February 8, 2020 through February 12, 2020. The passengers must possess a valid passport and be at least 21 years old. Names provided for booking travel must exactly match the name that appears in the passport or risk being denied board. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions, except as provided herein. Winner is responsible for providing all necessary travel documentation, including passports. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007 all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information please visit the State Department’s consular website www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents, must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree. Travel arrangements are subject to availability.
A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. Each winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, each winner accepts the prize, and even if the winner does not use the prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes.
Odds of winning the qualifier prize is dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
- CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE: Each winner must complete the required paperwork within five (5) business days of the day he/she wins to verify that he/she is a qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WTMX-FM (e.g., state drivers license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). Winners will be required to complete a W-9 for tax purposes. If the proper forms are not completed and returned, prizes will be considered forfeited and will not be awarded. If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of WTMX-FM. Once the necessary paperwork is completed, a check will be mailed to the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, mutilated, or stolen mailing of the prize to the winner.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, individuals must be 21 years or older, U.S. citizens, and be residents of the following counties in Illinois- Cook, DuPage, Grundy, McHenry, Kane, Kendall, Lake, and Will, in Wisconsin – Kenosha, or in Indiana – Lake and Porter. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC and Apple Leisure Group, or any other Chicago area radio or television Station, or Chicago area advertising and media companies, or any of their subsidiaries, and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in their same household, whether or not related, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealership, advertising and promotions agencies and website providers/web masters are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this sweepstakes in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this sweepstakes and from participating in any Hubbard Radio Chicago contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. Participants in this sweepstakes are only eligible to win one minor prize and one major prize (defined as a prize valued at $250 or more) per household every sixty (60) days from WTMX.
- RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Each winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility. Each winner (a) agrees to release hold harmless and indemnify Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC and Apple Leisure Group, (collectively with the Sponsors, the “Released Parties”) (including their respective officers, directors, employees and subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize(s) and this promotion, (b) agrees that no Sponsors or agents have made any representation, warranty or guaranty relative to the prize, and (c) consents to the use by the Sponsors of this sweepstakes for promotional purposes only of his/her likeness and/or voice, and address (city and state) without any additional compensation. By participating in this sweepstakes, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules. By accompanying the winner, the winner’s guest agrees to be bound by the terms of these official rules, including the preceding release.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to be postmarked by January 17, 2020, to: Winners List, CDMT20, WTMX, 130 East Randolph, No. 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Decisions of WTMX-FM concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. WTMX-FM reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. The Released Parties are not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules. is the Released Parties are not responsible for problems accessing the website, or technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this sweepstakes. WTMX-FM, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this contest, and refuse to award the Prize, if participant engages in any conduct WTMX-FM deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the contest or detrimental to other entrants of the contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this sweepstakes. Participants agree that WTMX-FM may void any part of the Prize that participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of the Prize shall in no way prevent WTMX-FM from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation of show, scheduling changes or any other causes which WTMX-FM, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, WTMX-FM reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this sweepstakes and select the Prize winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as WTMX-FM may deem fair and appropriate.
Return to list of Contest Rules