OnAir Contest Runs 10/14/2019 07:00pm - 11/06/2019 12:00pm
WTMX-FM – American Music Awards Sweepstakes
- HOW TO ENTER/HOW TO BECOME A QUALIFIER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
This is a “listen and win” sweepstakes. The sweepstakes will run weekdays from 12:00 a.m. Monday, October 14, 2019, through 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Listen to WTMX-FM, The MIX – 101.9 (or the “Station”) via The Mix App during the days and hours listed in the preceding sentence.
App Entries. In order to participate via this method, download the free MIX App available in the Appel App Store or
Google Play. Listen to The Mix via the App. For every five hours of listening time, you will accrue one entry into
Note that webcasts of The Mix’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect a webcast listener’s ability to participate in this sweepstakes. The Mix is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the sweepstakes line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems or human error which may or may not result from this sweepstakes.
Limit: One (1) winner per household.
- HOW THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS CHOSEN. From all eligible entries received pursuant to Paragraphs 1.a above, one name will be randomly drawn in the 1 p.m. hour on Wednesday, November 6, 2019, at the WTMX Studios to be the Grand Prize winner. The winner will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
- PRIZES: Grand Prize. There will be one (1) prize (“Prize”) awarded to Winner. Prize will consist of a trip to Los Angeles, CA for Winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) to the “2019 American Music Awards” (“Trip”). Trip includes: two (2) fan pit passes (winner and guest will be able to walk the carpet before it opens and experience arrivals firsthand in the red carpet fan pit) plus show tickets for Winner and Guest to the “2019 American Music Awards” on Sunday, November 24, 2019 (“Event”); Roundtrip Coach Class air transportation for two (2) on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier) for travel between Chicago, Illinois and Los Angeles, CA; double occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (one room, room rate, taxes and resort fee only); and funds in the amount of one hundred dollars ($100) for transportation to and from the airport in Los Angeles, CA. All details of Prize will be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar Prize (or Prize element) of comparable or greater value. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. Prize cannot be transferred by Winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of Prize by Winner. If Prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from Sponsors, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
Winner and guest must be able to travel November 23, 2019 – November 25, 2019, or the Prize will be forfeited. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsors’ agent, on a carrier of Sponsors’ choice. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Winner and Guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date, and must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government issued photo ID and/or passport) prior to departure, and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. Sponsors are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. All travel and lodging will be at the risk of Winner and Guest. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses and costs associated with acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically stated herein as being awarded, including, without limitation any and all taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize, travel insurance, ground transportation (other than as described above), security and airport fees, taxes, insurance, gasoline, meals, gratuities, and souvenirs. Sponsors shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Sponsors deem necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state and local tax laws, rules, regulations, codes or ordinances.
Sponsors shall have no responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of Prize due to reasons beyond Sponsors’ control, and are not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. Date and/or time of Event are subject to change. Event is subject to cancellation. If Winner chooses to attend the Event with no Guest, the remaining elements of Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsors’ Prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Guests, if any, may be required to execute and return releases of liability and, where legal, publicity releases (collectively, “Guest Documents”), which must be returned with the Sweepstakes Documents, or Guest portion of the Prize will be forfeited.
Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) of Prize is three thousand dollars ($3,000). Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of
Prize may vary. Any difference between stated ERV and ARV will not be awarded.
The grand prize winner and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that if any alcohol is consumed by the winner and his/her guest, such alcohol consumption is at the sole discretion of the winner and his/her guest and the sponsors are not responsible for any circumstances resulting from such alcohol purchases/consumption. No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if any portion of the advertised prize becomes unavailable. In no event shall more than the number of stated prizes be awarded. Any un-used elements of the Grand Prize will be forfeited, will not be redeemable for cash and may not reduce the prize value awarded for tax purposes. All federal, state, local and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Actual retail value of prize depends upon location of winner and fares at time of departure, among other things. Taxes (including and additional expenses such as optional excursions, spa treatments, phone calls, souvenirs) are the sole responsibility of the winner. The passengers must possess a valid passport or state issued ID and be at least 21 years old. Names provided for booking travel need exactly match the name that appears in the passport or the state issued ID or risk being denied boarding.
- CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE: Each winner must complete the required paperwork within five (5) business days of the day he/she wins to verify that he/she is a qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WTMX-FM (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). Winners will be required to complete a W-9 for tax purposes. If the proper forms are not completed and returned, prizes will be considered forfeited and will not be awarded. If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of WTMX-FM. Once the necessary paperwork is completed, a check will be mailed to the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, mutilated, or stolen mailing of the prize to the winner.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, individuals must be 21 years or older, U.S. citizens, and be residents of the following counties in Illinois- Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will, in Wisconsin – Kenosha, or the following counties in Indiana – Lake and Porter. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC, American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., American Airlines, Inc. and dick clark productions, inc. or any other Chicago area radio or television Station, or Chicago area advertising and media companies, or any of their subsidiaries, and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in their same household, whether or not related, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealership, advertising and promotions agencies and website providers/web masters are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this sweepstakes in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this sweepstakes and from participating in any Hubbard Radio Chicago contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. Participants in this sweepstakes are only eligible to win one minor prize and one major prize (defined as a prize valued at $250 or more) per household every sixty (60) days from WTMX.
- RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Each winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility. Each winner (a) agrees to release hold harmless and indemnify Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC., American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., American Airlines, Inc. and dick clark productions, inc. (collectively with the Sponsors, the “Released Parties”) (including their respective officers, directors, employees and subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize(s) and this promotion, (b) agrees that no Sponsors or agents have made any representation, warranty or guaranty relative to the prize, and (c) consents to the use by the Sponsors of this sweepstakes for promotional purposes only of his/her likeness and/or voice, and address (city and state) without any additional compensation. By participating in this sweepstakes, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules. By accompanying the winner, the winner’s guest agrees to be bound by the terms of these official rules, including the preceding release.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to be postmarked by November 15, 2019, to: Winners List, MIX AMA Sweepstakes, WTMX, 130 East Randolph, No. 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
Decisions of WTMX-FM concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. WTMX-FM reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. The Released Parties are not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules. is the Released Parties are not responsible for problems accessing the website, or technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this sweepstakes. WTMX-FM, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this contest, and refuse to award the Prize, if participant engages in any conduct WTMX-FM deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the contest or detrimental to other entrants of the contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this sweepstakes. Participants agree that WTMX-FM may void any part of the Prize that participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of the Prize shall in no way prevent WTMX-FM from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation of show, scheduling changes or any other causes which WTMX-FM, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, WTMX-FM reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this sweepstakes and select the Prize winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as WTMX-FM may deem fair and appropriate.
Return to list of Contest Rules