WTMX-FM – “MIX Money Name Game” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: The WTMX-FM “MIX Money Name Game” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to listeners who are 18 years or older and residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin. Limit, one winner per household. In order to eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you cannot have won any prize valued at $500 or more within thirty (30) days immediately prior to the start of this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WTMX-FM, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois (the “Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”) and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on October 17, 2016, at 7:20 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on October 28, 2016, at 4:20 PM CT. (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: This is a listen-and-win Sweepstakes. Listeners need to listen to the MIX each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period at 7:20 AM, 11:20 AM, and 4:20 PM (each, a “Play Period”) for the MIX Money Name Game (“Game”). During the Game, the WTMX on-air talent will choose one (1) initial at random from each of the MIX Money Name Game Barrels, which each contain 26 ping pong balls each representing a letter of the alphabet. The on-air talent will then read the two letters that are chosen during each Game, and the tenth (10) caller who reaches the Station by calling 312-591-6800 or 312-233-1019 whose name matches those initials in the order as they are announced will be that Game’s Grand Prize winner of $1,000.00. There will only be one (1) Game played per Play Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of listeners calling after the cue to call is announced with the same initials. Limit one (1) Prize winner per person/household. The person calling in to the station to claim the prize must be the person with the proper initials in the order they are called and the initials must represent the first letter of the caller’s first and last name (no middle name initial will count). Substitute callers (e.g. friends, relatives, co-workers, etc.) are not allowed, except in the case of a disability that prevents the person whose initials are announced from calling himself or herself, and will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Proof of each caller’s name will be required in order to pick up the prize.
Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not accept collect calls. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the Sweepstakes line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this Sweepstakes.
Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – 30 Grand Prize Winners – Each Grand Prize winner will receive $1,000.00. The total amount available to be won in the entire Sweepstakes Period is $30,000.00.
The prizes will be awarded only if the potential winners fully comply with these Official Rules. The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Each winner is responsible for any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded. Each winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize. Each winner will be required to complete and submit a W9 tax form prior to receiving the prize, and Station will issue a 1099 to the proper taxing authorities.
5. Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, each potential winner must claim his/her prize in person at the station at 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois, during normal business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F) within ten (10) days of being deemed a winner. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting acceptable identification (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
6. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance or use or misuse of prize ; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties, Facebook and Twitter from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Sweepstakes, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
10. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
11. Sweepstakes Winners: For the names of the Sweepstakes winners’ (available after October 28, 2016), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 11, 2016 to: Winners List, WTMX-FM’s MIX Money Name Game Sweepstakes, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois, 60601.
12. Official Rules: For a copy of the official rules, see Sponsor’s Website.
13. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WTMX-FM, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois, 60601.