Coldplay in San Diego, CA
1. HOW TO ENTER/HOW TO BECOME A QUALIFIER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are three (3) ways to enter this sweepstakes.
This is a “listen and win” sweepstakes. The sweepstakes will run weekdays from 7:00 a.m. Monday, April 17, 2017, through 9:00 a.m. on Friday, April 21, 2017. Listen to WTMX-FM, The MIX – 101.9 (or the “Station”) weekdays during the days and hours listed in the preceding sentence.
a. Listen to 101.9fm The MIX at 7:20 a.m. In order to enter via this method of entry, listen to 101.9fm The Mix on or around 7:20 a.m. each weekday during the sweepstakes, and the on-air talent will announce that they will take a designated number caller (for example: 25th caller, 10th caller) who calls 312-591-6800. If you are the designated number caller to reach the Station, and meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Paragraph 5 below, you will be awarded the qualifier prize listed in Paragraph 3.a below and be placed into a drawing for the Grand Prize. If the Station is readily able to determine that the caller is ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, the Station will take the next caller and continue this process until an eligible participant is found. The Station, in its sole and absolute discretion, may or may not take an alternative caller to participate. The person calling in to the Station as the designated caller must be the same person who claims the prize; substitute callers (e.g. friends, relatives, co-workers, etc.) or substitute parties claiming the prize are not allowed (except in the case of a disability that prevents the person from calling himself or herself) and will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of WTMX. One winner per household during the duration of this sweepstakes. There will be up to five (5) winners via this method of entry.
b. Listen to 101.9fm The Mix at 11:20 a.m. and 4:20 p.m. Text Message Entry. Up to two (2) times each weekday (Monday-Thursday) WTMX-FM will provide a special word to text back to the station. At that time listeners can text the word to WTMX-FM’s short code “60123”. Listeners will have five (5) minutes from the time we announce the word to text in to participate for a chance to win the prize listed in Paragraph 2 below. Limit of one text message per person, per specific hourly artist of the day song.
Text message rates apply. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting a mobile text entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number is registered. The winner may be required to provide evidence that the winner is the authorized account holder of the mobile number associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and any applicable release.
b. Email Entries. In order to participate via this method, listen to WTMX-FM weekdays on or around 11:20am, and 4:20 p.m. Up to two (2) times each weekday (Monday-Thursday) WTMX will announce a word. Instead of texting, listeners will have five (5) minutes from the time the word is announced to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word along with their name and a phone number at which they can be reached after the five (5) minutes has expired for a chance to win the prize listed in Paragraph 2 below. Limit of one email entry per person per specific hourly artist of the day song.
There will be up to eight (8) winners via this method of entry.
Note that webcasts of The Mix’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect a webcast listener’s ability to participate in this sweepstakes. The Mix is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the sweepstakes line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems or human error which may or may not result from this sweepstakes.
Limit: One (1) winner per household.
2. HOW THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS CHOSEN. From all eligible entries received pursuant to Paragraphs 1.a and 1.b above, one name will be randomly drawn in the 9 a.m. hour on Friday, January 20, 2017 at the WTMX Studios to be the Grand Prize winner. The winner will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
a. Qualifier Prizes. There will be up to thirteen (13) qualifier winners. Each qualifier will receive a pair of tickets to The Weeknd in concert on 5.23.17 at Allstate Arena. Approximate Retail Value: $250.
b. Grand Prize. There will be one (1) grand prize winner. The grand prize winner will receive round trip airfare from Chicago to San Diego, CA, 2 nights hotel accommodations at a San Diego, CA area hotel for the evenings of 10.7.17 and 10.8.17 and (2) tickets to see Coldplay in concert on 10.8.17 at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, CA. Approximate Retail Value: $2,500. The grand prize winner and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that if any alcohol is consumed by the winner and his/her guest, such alcohol consumption is at the sole discretion of the winner and his/her guest and the sponsors are not responsible for any circumstances resulting from such alcohol purchases/consumption.
Odds of winning the qualifier prize is dependent on the number of eligible entries received. Odds of winning the grand prize are 1:13.
4. CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE: Each winner must complete the required paperwork within thirty (30) business days of the day he/she wins to verify that he/she is a qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WTMX-FM (e.g., state drivers license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). Winners will be required to complete a W-9 for tax purposes. If the proper forms are not completed and returned, prizes will be considered forfeited and will not be awarded. If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of WTMX-FM. Once the necessary paperwork is completed, a check will be mailed to the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, mutilated, or stolen mailing of the prize to the winner.
5. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, individuals must be 21 years or older, U.S. citizens, and be residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC and Live in the Vineyard, or any other Chicago area radio or television Station, or Chicago area advertising and media companies, or any of their subsidiaries, and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in their same household, whether or not related, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealership, advertising and promotions agencies and website providers/web masters are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this sweepstakes in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this sweepstakes and from participating in any Hubbard Radio Chicago contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. Participants in this sweepstakes are only eligible to win one minor prize and one major prize (defined as a prize valued at $250 or more) per household every sixty (60) days from WTMX.
6. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Each winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility. Each winner (a) agrees to release hold harmless and indemnify Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC and Live in the Vineyard, (collectively with the Sponsors, the “Released Parties”) (including their respective officers, directors, employees and subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize(s) and this promotion, (b) agrees that no Sponsors or agents have made any representation, warranty or guaranty relative to the prize, and (c) consents to the use by the Sponsors of this sweepstakes for promotional purposes only of his/her likeness and/or voice, and address (city and state) without any additional compensation. By participating in this sweepstakes, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules. By accompanying the winner, the winner’s guest agrees to be bound by the terms of these official rules, including the preceding release.
7. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to be postmarked by April 21, 2017, to Winners List, Coldplay in SanDiego, WTMX, 130 East Randolph, No. 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
Decisions of WTMX-FM concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final. Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. WTMX-FM reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. The Released Parties are not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules. is the Released Parties are not responsible for problems accessing the website, or technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this sweepstakes. WTMX-FM, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this contest, and refuse to award the Prize, if participant engages in any conduct WTMX-FM deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the contest or detrimental to other entrants of the contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during registration or prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this sweepstakes. Participants agree that WTMX-FM may void any part of the Prize that participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of the Prize shall in no way prevent WTMX-FM from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation of show, scheduling changes or any other causes which WTMX-FM, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, WTMX-FM reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this sweepstakes and select the Prize winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as WTMX-FM may deem fair and appropriate.