Chicago White Sox Prize Wheel Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: The WSHE/WDRV/WTMX Chicago White Sox Prize Wheel Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin who are 18 years or older at the time of participation. Void outside of IL, IN and WI, and where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its stations WSHE, WDRV, and WTMX located at 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 and 875 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1510, Chicago, IL 60611 (collectively, the “Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, the Chicago White Sox (“Promotional Participant”), or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”) and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on June 4, 2017, at 6:30 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on September 9, 2017 at 8:00 PM CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit WSHE, WDRV or WTMX’s booth at the following Chicago area festivals (each, an “Event”) for your chance to spin the wheel.
|DATE||EVENT & LOCATION||STATION BOOTH|
|June 4, 2017 7 AM-10:00 AM||Running for Hope 5K – Keeler Park, Oak Lawn||WTMX|
|June 4, 2017 7:30-12:00 PM (noon)||PAWS Chicago 5k – Montrose Harbor, Chicago||WTMX|
|June 23, 2017 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM||Chicago Ale Fest – Grand Park, Chicago||WDRV|
|July 1, 2017 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM||Eyes to the Skies Festival – Lisle||WTMX|
|July 2, 2017 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM||Eyes to the Skies Festival – Lisle||WSHE|
|July 8, 2017 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Palos Hills Friendship Festival – Palos Hills||WTMX|
|July 9, 2017 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Palos Hills Friendship Festival – Palos Hills||WSHE|
|August 25, 2017 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM||Naperville Wine Festival – Naperville||WSHE|
|August 26, 2017 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM||Naperville Wine Festival – Naperville||WSHE|
|September 8, 2017 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM||Windy City Wine Festival – Buckingham Fountain, Chicago||WSHE|
|September 9, 2017 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM||Windy City Wine Festival – Buckingham Fountain, Chicago||WSHE|
If the eligible participant spins the wheel, and it lands on the Register to Win space, he/she will then be eligible to enter his/her complete name, address, telephone number and email address on an official entry form, and that entry form will be put into the Grand Prize random drawing. Limit three (3) spins per Event per person. However, if the eligible participant spins the wheel, and it lands on Swing Again during that participants third spin, he/she will be eligible to take one (1) more spin for a chance to land on the Register to Win space. If at that time, the eligible participant lands on the Swing Again space one more time, he/she may take another spin for another chance to land on the register to win tab. This process will continue until that participant either lands on Register to Win or one of the other tabs other than Swing Again.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods other than as specifically stated in these Official Rules may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. Grand Prize Random Drawing/Winner Notification: One (1) Grand Prize winner per Station (for a total of three (3) Grand Prize winners) will be selected via a series of random drawings, to be conducted by Sponsor, on or about September 11, 2017 from among all eligible entries received. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by Administrator via email or telephone the day of the random drawing. Failure to respond to the winner notification within three (3) days will be deemed forfeiture of the Prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for email notifications that are undeliverable or voicemail messages not received.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) – One (1) Grand Prize: Four (4) Chicago White Sox Platinum Box tickets plus one (1) parking pass for the game on Saturday, September 23, 2017 vs. the Kansas City Royals. ARV: $320. Grand Prize will be awarded only if the potential Grand Prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. The Grand Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and has no cash or credit value. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Transportation is not included as part of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded. The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any. Sweepstakes closes on Saturday, September 9th at 8:00 PM CST.
6. Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, the potential Grand Prize winner must claim his/her prize in person at the Station Studios at 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601 during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Monday – Friday) within ten (10) business days of being notified he/she is a winner. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to Sponsor (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). The winner will be required to complete a W-9 for tax purposes. If the proper forms are not completed and returned, the prize will be considered forfeited and will not be awarded. If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Sweepstakes Winners: For the Sweepstakes Winner’s name (available after September 11, 2017), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Winners List, SOX Prize Wheel” Sweepstakes Winners, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
14. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its stations WSHE, WTMX and WDRV, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601.